NVIDIA has officially announced the GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards based on the NVIDIA Ampere architecture. As the manufacturer notes, the new products demonstrate the largest performance gap in the history of GeForce from the previous generation. The second generation RTX GPUs are twice as powerful as Turing in real-time ray tracing and AI gaming.
It is noted that the GeForce RTX 3090, 3080 and 3070 GPUs are up to 2 times more powerful and 1.9 times more energy efficient than the previous generation based on the Turing architecture. NVIDIA Ampere architecture introduces a number of technological improvements that provide significant performance gains:
- The new streaming multiprocessors deliver twice the speed of FP32 operations compared to the previous generation and 30 Shader-TFLOPS of processing power.
- The second generation RT cores are twice as powerful as the previous generation, providing simultaneous ray tracing with shading and computation at 58 RT-TFLOPS.
- Generation 3 tensor cores are up to twice as powerful as the previous generation and accelerate and optimize AI-powered technologies such as NVIDIA DLSS with 238 Tensor-TFLOPS processing power.
- NVIDIA RTX IO: Fast GPU loading and unpacking of game assets, up to 100x faster I / O than HDDs and traditional storage APIs. Combined with the new Microsoft DirectStorage API for Windows, RTX IO offloads dozens of CPU cores to an RTX GPU for faster frame rates and nearly instant game loading.
- Fast Graphics Memory: NVIDIA partnered with Micron to create GDDR6X memory with data transfer rates up to 1 TB / s.
- Next-generation process technology: Samsung’s new customized 8N NVIDIA process technology provides higher transistor density and better energy efficiency.
The new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards receive several innovative solutions:
- Dual-axis, purge cooling system delivers twice the cooling performance in a one-piece chassis.
- Improved mechanical-electrical design. Reinforced mechanical design, with a new low-profile hold-down spring and a new 12-pin power connector allow for more components and cooling elements. The new power connector is compatible with the 8-pin connectors in existing power supplies, an adapter is included.
- HDMI 2.1. The increased bandwidth of HDMI 2.1 allows 8K HDR TVs to be connected over a single cable.
- AV1 Decode. The first discrete GPUs with support for the new AV1 codec, allowing gamers to watch videos online up to 8K HDR with up to 50% less bandwidth.
NVIDIA has announced three Founders Edition graphics cards based on its new graphics architecture:
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 with 10GB of GDDR6X memory at 19Gbps is twice as fast as GeForce RTX 2080 and can consistently deliver 60fps in 4K games. The recommended retail price for this model is $ 699 (UAH 23,490 for Ukraine).
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 with 8 GB of GDDR6 memory matches the performance of the RTX 2080 Ti at half the cost and on average 60% faster than the RTX 2070. The device is designed to run games in 4K and 1440p resolutions. The price of the device is $ 499 (UAH 16,790 for Ukraine).
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 is a flagship solution dubbed Big Ferocious GPU (BFGPU). The device is equipped with 24 GB of GDDR6X memory and a three-slot dual-axis purged cooler. According to the manufacturer, such a cooler is up to 10 times quieter than TITAN RTX, and up to 30 degrees colder. At the same time, the GeForce RTX 3090 graphics card is up to 50% faster than the best TITAN RTX graphics card today, allowing gamers to run games in 8K resolution at 60 frames per second. The price is $ 1499 or UAH 50,190 for the Ukrainian market.
The announced new items will go on sale in October.